Position: Programme Manager (West Africa Platform)
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 30 January 2023.
Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is seeking to appoint a Programme Manager for the West Africa Platform. The post holder will provide overall direction and leadership to the theme portfolio of projects ensuring that projects are implemented according to funder terms and conditions and Unit Policy.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or first degree with significant experience in research or project management.
- Prince 2 practitioner certified or similar.
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills with ability to work independently under pressure.
- Excellent programme coordination, project management and time management skills.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to extract, manipulate, analyse, interpret, and report on complex data from different systems.
- Must be able to produce data in different formats to support operational and strategic decision-making.
- Advanced knowledge of operations management and operational requirement of research projects.
- Familiar with research environment and managing post award research activities.
- Result-driven and service-oriented.
- Excellent at leading and motivating a diverse and multi-functional team.
- Excellent understanding of budgeting and preparing forecasts for research projects.
- Excellent communication skills with strong coaching and facilitation skills.
- The ability to communicate to a diverse set of people on multiple media platforms.
- The ability to dig-deep strategically and think outside the box.
- Advance resource management skills.
- Able to build strong relationships with implementing partners and stakeholders focused on strengthening strategic alliances and reporting project progress.
- Previous experience of applying for funding and interacting with the following donors: EU/EC funding, EDCTP, UK funding agencies, US federal agencies including NIH, Pharmaceutical companies and Charities.
- Previous work experience in a research institution.
- Experience with external funder grant application systems.
- Experience with research contracts and/or good understanding of research laws and contracting terms.
- Experience with marketing and advocacy
The salary will be in Grade 2, 31 Points on MRCG at LSHTM payscale.
Completed application forms and documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot accept applications from individuals who are currently, or in the last six months, employed by The Gambia Government.
The appointment is up to 31 July 2024 and subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
MRCG is an equal opportunities employer and operates a strict no smoking policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.